You’ve Got A Great Business Startup Idea…
Starting a business can be exhilarating and at the same time terrifying. For most people, starting a new business is to some extent a venture into unfamiliar territory.
You may be familiar with the products or services you are selling but when you are running your own business, you also need to understand things like local bylaws and requirements, commercial property leasing, specific legal or licensing requirements of your particular business or profession, employment issues, banking, bookkeeping and accounting matters, tax law and regulations, possibly company incorporations and reporting requirements, and more.
Fortunately, today it has never been easier to do the research to get a grasp on many of these basic issues, thanks to the Internet resources available to you.
To get you started, here are few resources for British Columbian small businesses:
- Government of BC Small Business resources main page
- Small Business BC website
- BC Government Small Business page: Small Business Roundtable;
- The BC Ministry of Finance (taxation matters, etc.)
- Community Futures of the South Okanagan
- Business Development Bank of Canada
There are many more, as a quick search will quickly show.